19 December 2013

Flying with Young Children: A Mini-Series for Parents


My family and I fly out in a few days. We opt to travel back to Hawaii at Christmastime versus summertime each year because our family there is off from work, there are way more traditions going on, and it's a break from the winter freeze of Korea. 

So in anticipation of the day-long, sky-high commute to the Aloha State, I'm writing a mini-series on flying with young children. Join me over the next week to learn about what to do before, during, and after the airplane ride. And please add your advice in the comments section of each post--to help other parents with this worthwhile-but-still-scary part of visiting and vacationing.

Here's what you can expect to be addressed:

Part 1: (Before) Flying with Young Children
  • What can I request of my airline to ease my flight time?
  • Are there ways to lessen the luggage?
  • How can I pack while the kids are home and unpacking all my progress?
  • What do I pack to occupy my child?
  • What do I pack for myself?
  • What should I expect to happen?
  • What if everyone in earshot hates me?
  • What are some general survival tips?
  • How long does this jet lag last?
  • How can I get my child back on his/her routine?
  • What can I do now to prepare for my next visit?
I hope you'll join me and chime in too! See you for the first post on Friday, December 20.






P.S. Thank you to my friends who contributed questions, stories, and advice regarding airline travel with kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Comments awaiting moderation may not appear for several hours or--if the kids and I fall asleep at the same time--at least a day. Thank you for your patience and please do not feel deterred; your feedback and insight are most welcomed!